Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Steps!

This was a meal that Hubby and I had last Sunday. He was about to leave for a two week training exercise off island, so we decided to celebrate his "last day" with some homemade pizza!


I quickly whipped up my go-to pizza crust recipe HERE. I like it, it works, but I think I am ready to try some new flavors! Maybe something without the seasonings, and some cornmeal....or whole wheat...The Hubby and I both like NY style pizza, but with crust that is slightly thicker and a little doughy. Expect some experiments in the near future!


Well, once you have a dough all made, and it has risen, knock it down and roll it out. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 F with a pizza stone, or pizza sheet in the oven. While the oven is preheating, make a simple tomato sauce using a small can of tomato sauce and a small can of tomato paste. I also added some onion salt, garlic salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. It was wonderful, quick, had a kick, and was just the right amount for one large pizza.

Once the oven is done preheating, remove the pizza stone or sheet, and move the rolled dough onto it. Then:


1. Add sauce and spread all the way to the edges.
3. Add your toppings of choice: we used grilled chicken.
2. Add your cheese of choice: we used mozzarella and some parmesan/romano mix. Add a dash of italian seasoning on top as well.
4. Pop it in the oven and bake for 30-45 min. Check it every now and then to make sure its not burning.


Last step: EAT EAT EAT!! ~~~~


Also, while we are on this pizza note. The Hubby and I went to a local pizza joint one night. It was good, for Japanese-style pizza. We liked the crust and there was a good variety of toppings options. There were some pre-made pizzas like pepperoni, 4-cheese, meat lovers....and, get this....they had a curry pizza. Yes, curry pizza. It had a curry seasoned sauce with bacon, corn, and cheese. I didn't try any, but Hubby did and he just said it was "interesting". Alright-y then! lol. Size wise, 1 pizza was enough for 1 hungry person, and it can easily be split and paired with a salad for a wonderful meal.


We had two pizzas. One was pepperoni, peppers, onions and mozzarella. The other was garlic, mushrooms, mozz, prosciutto, and parmesan on top. That one was by far my favorite! I would totally get it again! Oh yeah, Hubby also got his fave: some Orion beer....oh boy! *giggles*


ENJOY!!

1 comment:

ukreal1 said...

Yay, I finally made it over to your blog, and it is so great to read! I am going to try and make some of these recipes asap, see you soon :)