Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's a First & Some Veggies

Guess what!? I WON something! I entered my name for a drawing over at Campfire Chic and I was picked by the random generator! I am speechless...wow...

Well, what did I win? I won a wonderful e-book called "Better Blog Content: How to draw in your readers and develop your Blog." It is written by Amy Schubert at Lemon & Raspberry. The e-book covers various questions like:

  • Why is your blog content important?
  • What is your blog niche?
  • What do you blog about?
  • Who is your ideal blog reader?
It also gives you time, resources, information, worksheets, and other wonderful goodies to help get your blog a goin'! Check out Lemon & Raspberry for more information and some other goodies!

I would also like to give out a THANK YOU to Campfire Chic for this wonderful giveaway.

Now, on to the good stuff! Well, the veggies....but they are GOOD if you prepare them this way!


~Spicy Cauliflower w/ Sesame Seeds~
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. ground cumin
2 med. yellow onions, finely sliced
pinch of tumeric
Salt
1 med. cauliflower, chopped
4 dried red chiles, stemmed and halved
1-2 tsp. sesame seeds, toasted
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. ground ginger
Basil for garnish

Heat the olive oil in a lg. skilled over med.-high heat. Add in the onions and cumin and the tumeric and a few pinches of salt. Cook, stirring, until the onions caramelize a bit and turn lightly golden, about 7-10 min. Add the red chiles, sesame seeds, garlic, and ginger. Continue to cook for another min. Add the cauliflower and stir well. Cover the pan and cook the cauliflower over low-med. heat for 3-5 min, until just tender. If you need to, add some water to help cook the cauliflower.
When the cauliflower is nearly cooked, remove the lid, increase the heat a little to "char" the cauliflower a bit. Salt to taste and sprinkle with basil. Move to serving dish and serve.


This dish was okay, I would really like to come back and tweak it a bit though. That is why I have posted it here!

I served it with a simple baked pork loin. I believe that it was garlic and herb flavored. Mmmmm I loves me some pork!

That is all....I am excited to get my new e-book.

In other news...I have started on a painting project. Actually many projects. I will post about them soon!

Have a great night and ENJOY!

1 comment:

Dionne Baldwin said...

This looks really good and the pork sounds amazing! Congratulations on your present! I hope you like your ebook. Can't wait to see your painting project...