Thursday, August 26, 2010

What I made on a Wed Night

I made a quick and simple supper last night. But I did try making something new!

For my Hubby's lunch I tried my hand at making some barley. I had read somewhere that barley is good for you...I am not very familiar with it, so I decided to give it a try. I hear its better nutritionally than white rice, and being someone who likes to try new things...I decided to give it a go!

I saved some of the left over barley from lunch and seasoned it slightly different for dinner. A dinner that consisted of sweet turkey sausage, sauted onions and mushrooms, barley, and corn. Yummy. I loves me some corn! (Although, I wish it were fresh off the cob, but alas, cannot be had in this neck of the woods)

The day has gone by so fast! I did not get a chance to edit ANYTHING today! Dang! Oh well, more to do tomorrow! I will post picture and the recipe here soon. As well as tonight's dinner: Chicken, beans, and sweet potato fries! YUMMY!!

ENJOY!

No comments: