Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Turkey on Tuesday

I am keeping it up! I am so very proud!

I decided to make some turkey burgers for dinner. I love, love, LOVE ground turkey! In burgers, meatballs, meat loaf, tacos, sloppy joes, and just about any other combination that you can imagine. Normally I add some sort of Italian seasonings and parmesan cheese and bread crumbs, but this time I wanted something different. The recipe I used was clipped out of a magazine, not sure which one, but one of the larger known cooking magazines.

~Grilled Turkey Burgers~
2 tsp. grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp. salt
2 garlic cloves*
1 lb. ground turkey
1 10oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained*
1 lg. egg white
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder*
1 tsp. italian seasoning*
1 tsp. chopped thyme*

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing gently. Divide turkey mixture into equal portions, shaping each into a 1/4 in. thick patty. Heat a grill pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; cook 8 min. on each side or until done.


*NOTE: I did not use garlic cloves, I used minced garlic in water, about 2 tsp. I also left out the spinach because I did not have any on hand. I also added the last 3 ingredients to "spice" things up a bit.

Both Hubby and I liked the burgers! The stand-out flavor is the lemon rind, it beings a nice fresh taste to things. I am going to be adding it to my turkey burgers from now on!

ENJOY!

No comments: