Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Keeping Up Cooking - A New Week

What a day: Monday. They are good and bad. Good in that you get to start a brand new week, and bad in that you just came off the weekend of fun! Well, this monday was not to bad, not bad indeed. I woke up with my Hubby, made him breakfast (quick egg white omelette w/ bacon and toast), rolled his sleeves for work, and then away he was. I was feeling rather productive so I:

1. Vacuumed the living room, kitchen, front entry way, hallway, and our bedroom
2. Started 2 loads of laundry
3. Organized both my side and hubby's side of the closet
4. Raided the fridge for old food
5. Edited Photos

Most of these things I had done before 9:30 am! Woah, sometimes I just amaze myself!






When the Hubs got home I whipped him up a quick lunch. Having veggies that needed to be used up (already grilled) I decided on a quesadilla. I just took two whole wheat tortillas and toasted them in a pan, then, on top of one tortilla in the pan, I put the grilled veggies, swiss cheese, a few herbs, and topped it off with the other tortilla. Flip it after about 2 or so min. and toast the other side and melt the cheese. Presto! Easy Veggie Quesadilla. Some celery and cucumbers w/ ranch dip rounded out this meal. Yummy!

Dinner was another easy one. Again, I used leftover veggies from the kabobs. These ones were not yet cooked, just cut. I made a quick stir-fry with seasoned chicken. Basically I cooked the veggies in a little bit of olive oil and seasoned them with salt and pepper. I took the veggies out and placed the chicken, cut into bite-sized cubes, into the pan. I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, and seasoning salt. Once the chicken was cooked through, I threw the veggies back into the pan, stirred, and viola, Veggie Stir Fry!


These two meals are cooked with a "recipe" to look at. I just kind of wing it as I go! Both are very yummy and a great way to use up leftovers or an abundance of vegetables!

ENJOY!

No comments: