Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Sweet Sweetness

Dessert time ahead!

I had the opportunity to make some desserts! I made them for a friend of the Hubby...and found out that Rice Krispie Bars were a favorite, so those were made, along with another variety, Scotcheroos.


~Easy Rice Krispie Bars~
(can be found on most rice krispie cereal boxes; slightly adapted)
4 tbsp. butter, cubed
1 10 oz. bag marshmallows, about 40
2 tsp. vanilla
6 c. rice krispie cereal

In a large pot, big enough to hold the 6 c. of cereal, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, add the marshmallows, stir regularly until completely melted. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and stir to combine. Add the cereal and stir until evenly coated with marshmallow mixture. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 in. pan. Let cool. 


The Scotcheroos recipe can be found here. They have the addition of peanut butter in with the rice krispies, and over the top is spread a mixture or semi-sweet chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, i.e. Scotcheroos.


Ooooh! I also got myself a treat too! I went to Fresh Market and got some Toffe-Chocolate Covered Pretzels. I loves me some chocolate covered pretzels! White or Milk, it makes no difference, but these ones had toffee bits sprinkled on top, and boy-o-boy do I like toffee! Perfect salty-sweet combo. If you ever get a chance to try them, do! I think I might research a recipe, cant be to hard, or experiment for myself to make some at home! Yeah!!  Now I just need an appointment to make them for.....


ENJOY!

No comments: