Friday, September 3, 2010

Late-Night Dinner Post

Here was the menu for Tuesday of this past week:

BBQ Chicken (w/ BBQ sauce bought in Napa Valley  :-)
Garlicky Broccoli
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes

Easy, good, and healthy comfort food! Here are the recipes....

For the Chicken, I basically just put a few breasts in a pan, seasoned them with salt and pepper, covered them in some BBQ sauce and baked them at 375 for about 45 min.

~Roasted Rosemary Potatoes~
9-10 New Potatoes, washed
2-3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp crushed rosemary
2 tsp. garlic salt
2 tsp. onion powder
Pepper

Preheat oven to 375 F. Cut the the potatoes into uniform cubes and place in a med. bowl. Pour olive oil over potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle with rosemary, garlic salt, onion powder, and a pinch or so of pepper. Toss to combine. Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15-20 min. or until potatoes are golden brown around edges and are fork tender. Serve warm. 

~Garlicky Broccoli~
(recipe from Men's Health Magazine)
1 tbsp. minced baby carrot
1 tbsp. minced red onion
2 tsp. canola oil
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. grated fresh ginger*
1 8 oz. bag broccoli florets, cut into bite sized chunks
1-2 tbsp. hot water

In a skillet, combine carrot, onion, oil, garlic, ginger, and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, over low heat 3 min. Add broccoli and stir to coat with seasonings. Add water and cover pan. Cook, stirring occasionally for 1-2 min. or until broccoli are done. Add more water if necessary. Serve warm.

*I did not have any ginger on hand, so I omitted it here.

The broccoli recipe was good. I have come to like additions to cook broccoli. So far my favorites have been carrots and mushrooms. I wish this recipe was a tad bit more garlicky though...maybe more garlic next time? I think so!

Just an FYI I did not cook at all the rest of the week. Thursday we had a potential "hurricane" pass close to our area. We decided to have a little impromptu hurricane party. Needless to say, drinks were had and dinner was just a "get what you want" ordeal. Then on Friday, the Hubby got off work early and we went downtown to a restaurant called Sahara's Pita's & Subs. I was bummed that I forgot my camera because I wanted to do a review! Oh well, maybe next time!

HAPPY LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!


ENJOY!

No comments: