Friday, November 20, 2009

Restaurant Review!!


We Went Out To Eat!! snicker sicker...

So, yet again, as the hubby and I do on the weekends, we treat ourselves with a new restaurant to eat at on a Friday night! This time we went to Fox & Hound Restaurant in Wilmington, NC. Its in the Mayfair Town Center so it right next to a movie theater, which of course is playing Twilight New Moon this weekend, so there was Twilight trivia. They asked one question while we were there, and we never heard the answer, odd...

But anywho, on to the food! When I look at a restaurant menu, I like to look at the salads first, to see if there is anything that spikes my mood to be healthy! lol, I really am healthy when I go out, and I workout pretty much everyday, so I deserve a treat! Well, I saw a salad that was right up my alley! It was the Napa Valley Spinach Salad, and boy was it just what I was looking for! Light, yet filling and it had a lot of different and complementing flavors in it! It contained grilled chicken, bacon, granny smith apples, red onions, mushrooms, feta cheese, cranberries, pecans, and all topped with a "Pinot Noir shallot vinaigrette" which was a little too creamy for my taste, but they did not over-dress the salad.

This salad was a find, but what my hubby had, he said, was pretty bland. The steak fries tasted like bland potatoes, fried, not very good. The service was okay, our waitress was friendly, but a little scatter-brained. It did not take long to get our food, which was good, and there were a lot of people in the place, but it is right next to a movie theater = convenient for peckish movie-goers. The overall atmosphere in the place was lacking something...it was just missing some character...like it needs to "grow up" so to speak...I was hard to put my finger on it.

Oh, yeah, they had a HUGE beer list! Lots of drafts, bottles and whatnot...

Overall I would give it 2.5 out of 5 Yums. (Basically because the salad satisfied all my cravings!)



No comments: