Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oatmeal Cookies Abound!!

So....the story goes that I had some dried fruit that I bout about a year ago...not to worry...it was not opened so it was still fresh...but I needed to use it up...so, with having an event to bake for, I made some Dried Hibiscus Flower, Raisin, and Macadamia Nut Oatmeal Cookies ( I know, the name needs some work! haha!

But anywhos....the recipe that I used is my oatmeal cookie recipe and then simply added these ingredients (for a double recipe):

I pkg. dried Hibiscus flowers (chopped fine)
1 c. raisins
1 c. Macadamia nuts (chopped fine)

They take the same amount of time to bake and what not...and they are quite yummy and they get great looks and awe's when you reveal what is in them!

Here are some photos!!

Lined up on the sheet before baking

Posed with an uncut Hibiscus flower

The finished product!!
(I was going to pose this with a Hibiscus flower but is was thrown away)

OTHER POSSIBLE INGREDIENTS!!
  • Currants
  • Golden Raisins
  • Dried Mangosteen
  • Dried Pomelo
  • Candied Ginger
  • Dried Blueberries
I hope that you enjoy them! (try them, they are amazing!)

No comments: