Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Good Yummy Things to Bake!!

I made some thing NEW!! Yesss!

So, I was going to make some White Chocolate Citrus Cookies, but then I realized that I did not have an orange to zest and I had just bought some white chocolate chips just to make them! So, not wanting to waste, but not wanting to go out and buy more stuff, I opened the recipe box and found this one that used white chocolate chips!

Polka-Dot Cookie Bars

Yeah, they are a bar versus a cookie, but thats okay with me! I like most things that are sweet! So, here is the recipe that I used, slightly modified, and I will deem them:

~Black & White Cookie Bars~
1 c. (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 1/4 c. flour
1/3 c. baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pkg. (10 oz.) vanilla chips, divided

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Set aside 1/4 c. vanilla chips; stir remaining chips into the batter. Spread evenly into a greased 15 in. x 10 in. x 1 in. baking pan. Sprinkle with reserved chips. Bake at 375F for 18-23 min or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool before cutting. (I doubled this recipe and used a slightly different pan; they were thicker so I had to increase the baking time slightly.)

These were a hit!! Enjoy!

No comments: