Sunday, July 11, 2010

Reason for the UPDATED site...

Okay, there are going to be some changes around here! First off, I am going to make it a goal to post semi-daily. At least 3-4 times per week. I am going to have a lot of time on my hand over the next few months so this should be doable! I need somebody to be accountable to, and that is going to be my readers. I am going to try and market my blog and increase the number of readers that I have. I hope the design changes help as well.

The other good news is that my Hubby is COMING HOME!! He has been in Afghanistan since December 14th and with return on July 11th. So about 7 months we have been apart. I this is the second deployment in less than a year! He return from Iraq in October 2009 and left for Afghanistan in December 2009...do the math...he was home for a whopping 3 months! Yeah, thats my love, and he wanted to do it. Who am I to say no? Things worked out really nicely for us. Time really did fly by! (Work helped for me!)

And, to update everyone as to what the future holds...it is this: We are moving to Okinawa Japan sometime in October 2010. The plan as of right now is to be there for 3 years. Note: this may be shortened or elongated. It all depends on what the Corps and my Husband decides.

Am I excited, nervous, scares, apprehensive? HECK YES! I cannot wait to go and explore a new place, people, and culture! I cannot wait to actually LIVE WITH my Hubby for more than a few months! I know it will be hard to get used to, but I am willing to make mistakes, and to learn from them. I have been kicking myself for a long time for not studying abroad in college (excuse: hockey) and I see this as my chance to make up for that! I am excited to try the new food, meet new people, go to new places, have new and exciting experiences..etc, etc. I hope and pray that things work out for the best! And I appreciate the support from family and friends!

So, for your viewing and reading pleasure, here are some pictures and facts about where we are headed

OKINAWA JAPAN
Capital: Naha
Population: 1,379,330 (2008)

"Okinawa is one of Japan's southern prefectures, and consists of hundreds of the Ryukyu Islands in a chain over 1,000 km long, which extends southwest from Kyushu (southwestern most of Japan's main islands) to Taiwan. Okinawa's capital, Naha, is located in the southern part of the largest and most populous island, Okinawa Island, which is approximately half-way between Kyushu and Taiwan."
(courtesy of Wikipedia)

The climate averages about 70F annually and in the winter it averages about 60F.




ENJOY!!

No comments: