Sunday, August 9, 2009

OREO

Truffles...to be exact!

I made them this last weekend for two purposes...1) my mother wanted some for a dinner she was going to, and 2) I had a post-wedding brunch that I was going to bring some to. I have seen this recipe many many times and was very excited to have an occasion to make them for! They are very easy...except for the dipping part...but I enlisted the help of a grill fork (ya know...the one with the two long prongs...) It worked quite nicely!

~Oreo Truffles~
(From Mixing Bowl Magazine)
1 pkg. Oreo cookies, finely crushed
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 lb. + 2 oz. white baking chocolate

Crush the Oreo's in a ziplock bag. Place them in a large mixing bowl along with the softened cream cheese. Mix with an electric mixer until well combined. Roll into 1 in. balls and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Melt the white chocolate, in a deep container, according to the package directions. Dip the rolled balls into the chocolate by setting them in the chocolate and submerging them with the grill fork as an assister. Scoop out with the fork and set on the parchment paper. Repeat until all the balls are coated in the white chocolate. With remaining chocolate, drizzle over the truffles using a regular fork. Place in refrigerator for a couple of hours, until set. Enjoy!!

All rolled out and waiting to be dipped

Close up shot!

The finished product (from Mixingbowl.com)

Let me tell you, these are quite rich and yummy! I was struggling with the dipping part...but it is trial and error...and they taste good regardless of what they look like! I hope you like them as much as I did!

No comments: