In the October issue of Women's Health Magazine, the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women campaign announced the most "heart-friendly" U.S. metro areas for women. The top 10 are:
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
- Washington, DC
- San Francisco, CA
- Denver, CO
- Boston, MA
- Seattle-Tacoma, WA
- Portlan, OR
- San Diego, CA
- Los Angles, CA
- Phoenx, MN
AND...There was this little one page spread on 11 Things Men Love About Women. Here are the 11 items in no particular order
- Your sweaty post-gym rawness~"...It's at 6 o'clock on a weekday, when you're just back from the gym in an old grey tank top and a sports bra, devoid of makeup and perfume-when you are nothing but raw, glistening, briny womenness."...We may think "Ewww, I'm so gross!" but,thats when men love us.
- When you cross-dress~Apparantly wearing our guys clothes turn him on...something them being "...thrilled that we're theirs."
- Your awkward high school photos~"No matter how frizzy the hair, no matter how gangly the limbs or how beglittered with braces the smile..."
- Your taste in movies~"Just kidding. Sorry-it sucks."
- Your way with kids~"...when guys see our warmth and east around kids, we notice your unspoken uplife in their presence, it's hard not to smile and thing "Maybe"..."(in referance to getting married and having kids)
- Your spaghetti and meatballs~"When us women dig out our mama's spaghetti recipe and uncork some $8 Chianti and eat together on the patio or the couch, idly riffing about our day. There's infinite bliss in simple moments."
- Your beauty stash~Men, at first, might "...scoff mightily at all your high-tech moisturizers, mirodermabrasion cleansers and inscrutable cream, in public. But alone in the bathroom...they make full sneaky use of our mysical chemisty set."
- Your patientce with our family~When we put up with a mans crazy family and "...still want to have sex with them. It boggles the mind."
- When you clean your plate~"The only think sexier than a beautiful woman tearing into a medium-rare ribeye is her saying halfway through, 'I can't stop eating this-it's way too good.' A passion for great food suggests a freewheeling and insatiable appetite for all of life's sensual pleasures."
- Your badass self-reliance~"When women show that they don't need men, it's much more gratifying that we want them."
- That look~"You know the one. That look that clues us in as to where the night's headed. It's subtle and sly enough to be offered across a crowded dinner table but lascivious and powerful enough to buckle men's knees. Don't underestimate it."
Who would have thunk?