Thursday, September 2, 2010

Simple Fish Dinner

Dinner from Monday of this week. Red Snapper fillets and brown rice with peas and tomatoes. Simple, easy, tasty.

~Baked Snapper w/ Crumb Topping~
2 lg. Red Snapper fillets, thawed
1/2 c. bread crumbs
Various Herbs*
Salt 
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 F. In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, herbs (*I used italian seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder). Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray and place snapper fillets on it, skin-side down. Season each fillet generously with salt and pepper. Coat each fillet generously with the bread crumb mixture. Place in oven and bake for 15-30 min. depending on the thickness of the fillets (mine were really thick), or until fish flakes and is no longer translucent. Remove from oven and serve with sliced lemons. 

For the rice I just cooked up some instant brown rice, added some butter, salt, pepper, and some cooked peas. I also baked some tomatoes along side the fish in the oven for a few min, until they popped, and then served them with the rice. (Trying to get rid of them, we have a lot.)

The fish was good, it tasted like fish. The bread crumbs were a little crumb-y if ya know what I mean. I think next time I am going to put a little less bread crumbs, pan sear it before hand, then finish it off in the oven. Now I know what to do for next time!

ENJOY!

No comments: