Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I Really Did Cook....

...And now I am catching up! Here is what I made last Thursday night for the Hubbs and I!

First I made some chicken breasts. These were just simply seasoned with salt and pepper, then put into the pan. After the first flip I seasoned them with some seasoning salt. Flipped one more time to season the other side of the chicken. Wait until they are cooked through, and viola! Easy, tasty chicken!

Now onto the side dish:

~Baked Sweet Potato Fries~
(adapted recipe from Paula Deen)
House Seasoning:
1 c. salt
1/4 c. black pepper
1/4 c. garlic powder
Olive oil
2-3 sweet potatoes, cut into uniform fry-length shapes (about 1/4 in. thick)
1/2 tsp. paprika

Combine the first 3 ingredients for the House Seasoning, store in an airtight container for up to 6 mo. Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray. In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with enough oil to coat (too much will make them too soft). Sprinkle with about 1 tbsp. of House Seasoning and the paprika. Toss to coat. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are tender and golden brown, turing occasionally, about 20 min. Let cool 5-10 min. before serving. 


I served the chicken with some mustard and ranch to dip it in. The sweet potatoes got ketchup. I would, in the future, like to experiment with a sweet ketchup to dip the sweet potatoes in. I will keep you posted!

I loves me some sweet potatoes! When I go to a restaurant and they are offered as a side, I always get them! (unless I know if they are good or not) I have had a bad sweet potato fry and it is just tragic! Hahah! I hope you enjoy these ones as much as I/we did!

ENJOY!

No comments: